The Inn's History

Latchet's Inn is located at 2119 W Irving Park Road in what was historically a German area along Lincoln Avenue. In 1971 Karl Laschet, a prominent member of the German community, purchased a neighborhood tavern across the street from the famous Schulien's Restaurant.

Karl renamed the business "Karl Laschet's Inn" and maintained it as an old-world German tavern. Many locals fondly remember having their first beer at Latchet's.

The tavern was purchased from Karl by Franz and Ursula Kokott in 1991. Franz and Ursula took pride in preserving the heritage and ambiance of Laschet's.

In 2000 Ursula installed a kitchen and opened the restaurant offering authentic German cuisine and some American classics.

Matt and Mannie became the third owners of Laschet's Inn in 2007. They expanded the dining area to its present size.

In 2019, Erin and Scott became proprietors of Laschet's Inn.

The tavern includes historical displays, traditional European decor, and an authentic German-American Menu.

Visit Us

vintage photo of Laschet's Inn in 1948